Thursday, May 31, 2012

Inside the Casa Batlló

In case I didn't mention before my classes go from 1-5 PM which at first sounds great (yey sleep!) but if you're a creature of habit that will never sleep past 8 AM anyway, you're kind of stumped with what to do in the mornings. Yesterday I went shopping (Spain has awesome leather shoes btw), but that can't go on or rather my money can't go that long. This morning I thought that since the two famous Gaudi houses are on my way to school I'd do the inside tours in the morning. Today it was the Casa Batlló, and next week I'll go inside the Casa Milà. Viewing the inside of the Casa Batlló was worth forgoing a pair of shoes. :)

Living Room
The view looks out onto Passeig de Gracia (where the nice stores are). Those blue glass circles helped to filter the light.

Another shot of living room
Close up of ceiling.
The ceiling of the living room was crafted to mimic the movement of a water eddie. Gorgeous.

Terrace

On the roof

Close up of roof
 I like how the backbone of the house looks like it has shells on it.
The Attic
If St. George slaying the dragon was the inspiration for the Casa Batlló then the attic would be the dragon's ribcage. You can tell how big it was from the woman in the picture.
 
Inner courtyard
Probably one of my favorite things in the house was the inner couryard/stairwell. It went all the way to the top of the house and this picture does't capture it very well but the whole space reflected blue.

1 comment:

  1. Very favorite place in Barcelona. I saw one time. Travel notes shared here (gezi).

    ReplyDelete